[Video] Social Media Quick Tips: Formatting Text in Google+
There are many unique features that differentiate Google+ from other social media networks.
One of the lesser known features is Google+’s content formatting options.
For example, on Google+ you have the ability to bold, italicize, and even strikethrough text. You can make these changes by adding one of these symbols to the beginning and end of text you’d like to change: asterisk (*), underscore (_), or hyphen (-).
Changing the text formatting within a Google+ post is a simple way to make your content and main point stand out.
Here are few examples of how you can format your Google+ posts:
- Formatting just the title or headline to be bold
- Creating a list with bolded numbers
- Italicizing questions or quotes
- Including a call to action that is both italicized and bolded
- Striking-out the text of a common misconception or mistake you’d like to make people aware of
If you’re looking for a simple way to make an impact on your Google+ engagement, formatting your posts can help.
Check out this week’s video and try out this tip today!
To try out these formatting capabilities:
- Bold: Add an asterisk (*) before and after the text you’d like to bold (*bold*).
- Italic: Use an underscore ( _ ) at the beginning and end of text to italicize it (_italic_).
- Both: An asterisk followed by an underscore at the beginning and end of a word or phrase will create a bold-italicized font (*_both_*).
- Strikethrough: Adding a hyphen (-) at the beginning and end of a portion of content will add a line through the text (-strikethrough-).
Want to check out some examples of formatted Google+ posts? Follow us onGoogle+ today! If you’re looking to get started with Google+ we can help with that too.
Syndicated from the Constant Contact Blog ➞ [Video] Social Media Quick Tips: Formatting Text in Google+
Try Constant Contact - FREE